Are you looking for some reliable tools which can be used to increase image size online? Or which tools can be used to increase image size without losing quality? Well, this article will reveal ten brilliant tools you can use hassle-free to enlarge image size. However, each of these tools has its own pros and cons, which you should know before using them. So, please keep reading and know more about them in the following sections.
More importantly, we use the same small photo to test all of the ten image enlarger tools and see the results. We will evaluate which performs best in image enlargement while preserving the best quality. The original image (40.3KB, 360×254, 96 dpi). We will upscale the image by 400%.
Tip 1: For the purpose of loading this post faster, I create the before-after comparison images and compress them by the same method of Photoshop (Because most of the enlarged images are more than 1Mb). But I leave the link for the non-compressed photo so you can check further.
Tip 2: Photoshop and Photozoom are not under the test, as Photoshop needs high skills while Photozoom needs a license key to register.
# 1 AI Image Enlarger (http://imglarger.com)
Searching for a reliable online tool that can be useful for low-resolution to high-resolution image conversion? AI Image Enlarger is the best option for you. Needless to mention, it's a very convenient and easy-to-use tool powered by deep machine learning and advanced AI algorithms. Whether you want to resize, enhance, or increase an image, you can definitely use this free tool. Rest assured that it will retain the original image quality for sure!
Before-After comparison photo for Ai Image Enlarger
Enlarged Photo File Size: 2.86 MB
Time used: 1.5 seconds
- An easy-to-use tool that works online (no download is required).-
- It's powered by deep machine learning algorithms for lossless image conversion.
- It ensures super fast and precise image processing with its optimized GPU hardware.
- Uploaded file size should be less than 3MB.
# 2 PhotoEnlarger (http://photoenlarger.com)
This is another software that you can use to increase image size online. As the name implies, PhotoEnlarger can be used to enlarge your images and photos. The interface is easy to use -- you must browse and upload the images >> select the enlargement factors >> click on Enlarge button.
Before-After comparison photo for PhotoEnlarger
Enlarged Photo File Size: 1.94 MB
Time used: 2 seconds
- It gives the users a provision to select the enlargement factors, such as scale, width, and height.
- Based on your selection, it creates four types of enlarged images which you can preview before downloading.
- The image quality gets hampered/distorted during the low resolution to high-resolution image conversion (specifically if you increase the scale percentage).
#3 Online Image Enlarger (http://imageenlarger.com)
When it comes to using a convenient tool to enlarge images online, then it's one of the options for you. Online Image Enlarger allows you to easily upscale small-sized images without introducing distortion. To use this tool, please visit their website >> upload the file >> select output format >> select enlarge image parameters >> click on Start.
Before-After comparison photo for OnlineImageEnlarger
Enlarged Photo File Size: 146KB
Time used: more than 30 seconds
- It can be used to increase image resolution and size without losing its quality.
- The uploaded file size must be less than 6MB.
- Only .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and .png files can be used.
# 4 Resizemypicture (http://www.resizemypicture.com/)
This is the fourth recommendation in the list of top 10 tools to increase image size online without losing quality in 2019. This tool can be used to either increase or reduce image size. However, it's clearly written that image quality will be affected if you try to enlarge a small photograph. Know more about the pros and cons of this application in the following sections.
Before-After comparison photo for Resizemypicture.com
Enlarged Photo File Size: 781.5KB
Time used: more than 10 seconds
- It's free to use online tool which can perform image resizing.
- The tool is easy to use.
- The output may look blurry and jagged if a small size and poor-resolution image is used.
- If a big-size image is used, the output may also have some amount of loss in terms of image quality and clarity.
# 5 Waifu2x (http://waifu2x.udp.jp/)
This online tool also claims to support low-resolution to high-resolution image conversion. The main problem of this application is that the image quality is heavily impacted during the process of image resizing or enlargement. Plus, the program interface also looks quite clumsy.
Before-After comparison photo for Waifu2x
Enlarged Photo File Size: 1.65MB
Time used: more than 30 seconds
- The tool can be apt for quick online image resizing and enlargement.
- The quality seems to get distorted in the process of image conversion/transformation.
- The interface is not nicely organized.
- 200% max upscale.
# 6 BigJpg (http://bigjpg.com)
This is a great tool for increasing image size and simultaneously retaining the original image quality. The best part of this tool is that it is based on the advanced Convolutional Neural Network, which can intelligently reduce noise and does not hamper the original picture's color, quality, and clarity.
Before-After comparison photo for BigJpg
Enlarged Photo File Size: 343KB
Time used: more than 30 seconds
- This efficient tool is based on the Deep Convolutional Neural Network and it can efficiently process an uploaded image for lossless image conversion/transformation.
- To ensure a better, faster, and more stable performance, users must purchase a subscription to BigJpg.
- Based on the number of online users and network environments, the image-enlarging process may sometimes fail.
- It is based on the waifu2x open-source project.
#7 Let's Enhance: (https://letsenhance.io/)
This online software also claims to increase image size and resolution by using its built-in AI-based editing process. Furthermore, the tool further claims to add more dynamic and contrasting effects on the output image. Before using the tool, please have a look at its pros and cons.
Before-After comparison photo for Letsenhance
Enlarged Photo File Size: 484Kb
Time used: more than 40 seconds
- It supports image upscaling for up to 16x.
- It uses an AI-based editing process for enhancing and enlarging an input/uploaded image.
- Though it claims to offer 16x image upscaling, the quality gets a bit hampered in such cases.
- You need to register an account before downloading the free upscaled and enhanced image.
#8 Topaz (https://topazlabs.com/gigapixel-ai/)
Topaz can be quite a useful app for flawless photo enlargements. The software claims to beautify and enlarge your images using machine-learning algorithms. It allows you to upscale an image for as much as 600%.
Before-After comparison photo for Topaz gigapixel AI
Enlarged Photo File Size: 2.40MB
Time used: 1.5 second
- Powered by machine learning algorithms, it can be used to enlarge images while preserving the quality.
- It comes as a Trial version. Once the trial period is over, users need to pay a hefty subscription fee of $99.99 to use the tool and its functionalities.
- More than 800Mb for the installation files.
# 9 Photoshop (https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html)
You must have already heard about Adobe Photoshop. Needless to mention, it's one of the most efficient and effective tools for image enlargement cum enhancement. But, this software is ideal for experienced experts as it can be complicated and difficult for beginners.
- Adobe Photoshop can be used for enlarging/enhancing any image without losing the quality.
- This software is very complex. It's difficult to use for beginners.
- It can be quite time-consuming and requires multiple steps to get the intended outcomes.
#10 Photozoom (https://www.benvista.com/photozoompro)
The last and final recommendation in the list of best 10 tools to increase photo resolution is all about this particular application i.e. Photozoom. The most unique aspect of this application is that it is equipped with S-Spline Max that is deemed to preserve original sharpness, clean edges, and fine details.
- It can be a useful tool to enhance/enlarge any image. The software comes with different types of resizing methods and size settings.
- This software is not free to use. You need to purchase the application before using it.
We can get the following summary table after testing the 8 image-enlargement online tools.
|AI Image Enlarger||Photo Enlarger||Online Image Enlarger||Resize MyPcture||Waifu2x||BigJpg||Let's Enhance||Topaz|
The Final Verdict: What's the Best Recommendation for You?
With this, you have revealed the Top 10 tools to increase image size without losing quality in 2019. But are you now thinking about the best recommendation for you? Without any second thought, the best and most recommended option for you is AI Image Enlarger.
As mentioned earlier, its core technology is powered by a deep machine learning algorithm and SRCNN network. It certainly ensures the best results, excellent performance, and super-fast conversion. Plus, it is completely free to use. So, do not think twice. Use it today, and enlarge the image online.